Thursday, March 24, 2011

24/31

Why is it even at the age of 33 things that people say and do can hurt your heart? I've always thought that as I grew older my heart would be immune to the heart pains, but alas they are not.  Granted the hurt is not the same kind of a pain as if I was 17, but hurt it does.  Of course as an adult I would say it is more disappointment than anything.  I always hated when my  someone was "disappointed" in me, but it hurts just as bad to be disappointed in someone. One advantage to going through heart pains as an adult is I do know that the sun will come out tomorrow. A new day will dawn and as it begins anew so does my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that someone hurt you. Even as an adult it's hard to erase the feeling. One of the things my mother always told me is that the person doing the hurting must be hurting too, & wants to 'hurt' back, no matter who it happens too. If you look beneath the person who hurt you, maybe you will figure out the motivation.

    ReplyDelete