Saturday, March 23, 2013

23/31 Saying Good-Bye is Never Easy

I have a confession. I'm not good at losing loved ones. Watching them leave this place and onto the next. I feel myself curling up into the fetal position in my heart. As I sit by the bed and watch. My heart breaks. Millions of pieces shatter. I've watched this happen too many times. I know that with life comes death. But with death comes loss and pain. When I look at you I can here your voice,"Hey, Doll!" Except, you can't say those words anymore. Which makes my heart yearn to hear it. I love you. You made me feel like the most special niece in the world. I'm going to miss you. I miss you already. May the angels wrap you in their arms as you leave our world into the next.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss.

    Losing loved ones never gets any easier, I'm afraid. It changes us in some fundamental ways.

    I pray that God would comfort you at this difficult time.

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. It is not easy to lose someone you love. I hope you find comfort and peace as you go through this loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the hardest thing to say goodbye, & be the one left behind. I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle. They are special!

    ReplyDelete