Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Down syndrome Awareness 2/31

The world demands perfection. At least that is how I feel most of the time. Perfection. No blemishes.

In the world I live in I don't demand perfection. I expect you to give your best. Last month while listening to Pink's song perfect I began to reflect on the words and the world Emma lives in. Click on the link to read. Perfect

My view of the world comes from wanting to protect my child from pain. The world fails to see her many qualities that are unique to her.

I challenge you to learn more about people who live with disabilities. More than 3 million people in the U.S. are disabled either mentally or physically.

You can be the change in the world. It only starts with one person. One voice. You decide. You make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment