Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fenced in Friendship

Oh to have the innocence of a child when it comes to friendship. Gracie and her Mister Friend next door haven't let a fence stop them from becoming fast friends. They play every afternoon throwing the ball or chasing the dog or seeing who is the fastest runner.

This made me think of my own life how friends come and go. How connections you think are real....really aren't.

I'm a very trusting person and will give people the benefit of the doubt, but I don't want to be doormat.

Since we are all adults why can't a person say, "You know...I thought we were going to be friends, but I can't really stand being around you." Does the honesty sting a little of course, but it sure beats the angst of wondering what did I do? What did I say? What can I do to make you respond to me?

Let's face it our society is all about what can you do for me. And truly if that's why you want to be my friend then you need to go elsewhere. Because baby, I'm worth it. I stick by friends and support them. I love then with all my being. If that isn't what friendship is to you...then adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment