Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Words, Words, Words

Last night as insomnia gripped me, but really to better explain it would be the excitement of my two children starting school and my school year beginning was too much for my brain; so I began to trudge through you tube videos of Taylor Mali.  As I watched him perform his poetry I began to think about my own presentation that I knew would take place on Thursday about word study and grammar.  Then I began to Facebook.  I ran across A DIY Interactive Word Wall tutorial.

Teaching 2nd grade I want my students to interact with words.  As they study the spelling words I want them to be engaged and motivated to learn the uniqueness of the language.  English is not an easy language, but at the same time I want them to learn that "playing" with words leads to wonderful discoveries. 

So my midnight FB find turned into a task for today. I've started the process, but not finished. My teacher's assistant and I worked on many different things today.  But, my favorite is the interactive word wall.

How do your students use word walls in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment