Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SOLC~New Beginnings

You too can participate at Two Writing Teachers!
The beginning of the school year is more like a New Year's Celebration.  We see the new faces and the excitement of what is to come hits! August for me has many more emotions such as the anniversary of my cousin's passing and the anniversary of the finalization of my divorce. I never imagined I would do all of this as a single parent. When I got married I didn't think this would even be a possibility. And this August was extremely difficult personally. I had gone on Family Medical Leave in May so I was home for 3 months before I went back to work. We are adjusting. Emma adjusted quickly. I adjusted ok, but Grace on the other hand is still adjusting.  Amongst all this life commotion I decided to get a new family member for our household. I am so glad I did. She is a wonderful addition. Sweet. Loving. Cute. I haven't had a dog since I was kid and she passed when I was 20.  I've always said that my family was complete with just the girls and I, but I was very wrong. It is now complete...with the our newest puppy addition--Izzy Bea.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new addition and good luck with all of the transitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable! I love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful that even with a tough August you look to the coming school year as a NEW YEAR. Honestly, that fits with the coming of the Jewish New Year. It always seemed to be a logical place as the school year began.
    I hope this the very best year of your life,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is cute!
    September is my new year too. I make new resolutions about what I hope to accomplish, I pay attention to myself and my work - for at least 4 months - and then January comes so I do it all again!

    ReplyDelete