Sunday, December 16, 2012

Let Us Not Forget

Newton, CT.

Twenty children dead.

Stories of heroic teachers who put themselves in danger to protect the students they love with all the fiber of their being.

Every teacher and each parent's fear was realized on Friday.  No words can even begin to touch the pain that I know the community feels. 

I can only hope that from this situation good happens. I hope discussions about mental illness and why a family needs so many weapons.  I can only hope that out of the deaths of these beautiful children our government chooses to come together to fix what is wrong.

Their deaths are tragic.  Needless.  I can only hope their voices continue to demand that change occur. 

Now it is our turn to demand it.  Let their 27 voices echo in our hearts so that change happens.  Don't just forget.  We can't let that happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment