Monday, December 7, 2009

December Daily-D7


In the last few months I've realized that it is really truly the little things in life that set us free. Tonight as I came home from a FABULOUS day with my 5th graders I knew I was headed toward an evening of not so much fun. Gracie tends to be a little overtired and blames Emma and I for it. Instead I was greeted by a well rested Gracie and we had pizza night (love mazzio's 6.99 Monday special), watched parts of Narnia, and then played in Gracie's chest of drawers. We walked through her "wardrobe" into a magical land. It was fun, exciting, and memorable. At the end of the evening, as I tucked and tucked and tucked Gracie in I realized tonight was a moment I would cherish. Holidays can get wrapped up in the must do's, but really it's about slowing down and looking at life through a different lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment