Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dec. Daily-D9

In our writer's workshop in the classroom we are working on writing essays and not sticking to the usual topic sentence, detail, detail, detail and concluding sentence. Instead writing from the heart about a topic the writer is passionate about. Today I asked my writers to think of topics they are passionate about. Once again these sweet kids surprised me. Their thoughts? Global warming, treating animals fairly, equal rights, standing up for yourself, recycling, love of a family, and children in foster care just to name a few. I was astounded. I was prepared for video games, why play station is better than a ds, and your basic sport games, but instead they were well thought, intriguing topics. They are going to grow these topics into sensational personal essays. The best gift of all for me this holiday season--the fifty-eight writers I have the privilege to write with everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment