Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dec. Daily D12

One Little Word...the year 2009 was a year of transition. My major goal for the year was "create." I found myself in 2008 with feelings of not desiring to create things for my family and myself anymore which left me with new feelings: sadness and missing out on that side of my life. So last year I really focused on creating. Creating a collaborative teaching atmosphere in my classroom, creating a new home for my children, creating scrapbooks again for my family. I am happy to say all were accomplished.

Classroom: This year literacy workshop started without a hitch. It seemed my writers had very few hiccups getting started and we have written 3 published pieces this year. I am so proud of my readers and writers. They work hard each day to grow.

Home: Home is where my kids are. Home is a safe quiet place. New furniture, new paint amazingly have made it feel like it's mine again. Love all the colors of my personality coming out through the rooms.

Scrapbooking: One thing to say: Over 50 layouts completed!!

Now to think about what my new word will be for 2010. I am leaning toward simplify, passion, advocate. My life is changing in my heart. I am really trying to think about what I want to "be" when I grow up. I am not the same person, teacher that I was when I started my job. I absolutely love teaching, but each day a little piece of me keeps asking what else is out there and it is leaning toward advocacy. I don't know what the future holds, but only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment