Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Goods--the Two Page Spread

Please, please, please I beg of you to reconsider writing a 5 paragraph essay as the final product for research and try this!!  It is called a 2 page spread. Think a magazine layout.  My kids totally got it. They were excited about it too. When they were finished with their research and working on their final drafts the room was SILENT.  Active engagement; automatically differentiated; PRICELESS!!!

We generated a list of Must Haves

  • title
  • author
  • at least 2 paragraphs
  • 2 headings
  • a fact box
  • picture
  • caption
  • neat
  • colorful
  • border 
  • beginning capitalization
  • ending punctuation
  • words spelled correctly

Then we organized a draft on 8 x10 paper. I approved it and they made their large sized spread. This was by far the best research project I've done and I didn't want to pull my hair out while completing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment