Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slice of Life "Chinny, Chin-Chin"

"Oh no mommy!!!"  After last night's escapade of urgent care, stitches, and lollipops the words sent fear through my mommy heart.

"Gracie, where are you?" I yell from the kitchen dropping my dust pan and broom.

I go running and we meet each other  in the living room. No blood. No screaming. Good sign.

I scoop her up and she embraces me in only a way my youngest can.

"Mommy,  why does my chin have hair now?"  she asks quizzically.

I laugh out loud and  hug her tight.  I reassure her it is not permanent and the "hair" aka stitches will be removed in a few days.

Slice of Life is brought to you by Two Writing Teachers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hope they don't get too itchy. I'm reading The Three Pigs to my classroom this week so your title really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great slice of the life a child!

    ReplyDelete