Last week when I was reading through some of my favorite blogs I ran across Ali Edwards' post about the 12 scrapbook layouts that define you. I immediately began to think the 12 stories that would show the reader a piece of me. What would they be? What would they cover for me? For my students? For my colleagues who are on this journey with me?
1. Christmas Treasure Hunt: Christmas is my favorite holiday and this one is etched in my memory. My parents surprised my brother and I with bikes for Christmas.
2. Loves Lost: Family members who have passed, friends who have gone on..
3. Impact: How I got to be the person I am today.
4. Creating: how this is a vital part of me as a person and how important I do this whether it is in my house, scrapbooking, or photography, or in my classroom.
5. My favorite things: What I love right now
6. My beautiful girls: trying hard to capture the "stuff" not just the perfect picture
7. My passions: teaching, special education, advocacy, being your authentic self
8. Motherhood: mother to a child with special needs and mother to a child who is strong willed. Realizing that each day is new and I should learn what the day is supposed to teach me.
Still contemplating the others....