Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back from the Buck-Eye State

Inspiration.  This is what listening and learning does for me. As I sat in the audience and listened to Lucy Calkin's addressing 2800 educators my heart began to soar!!  I kept thinking to myself I hope my grant comes through so I can go to the Institute this summer.  As I looked at my colleagues from my school, their eyes full of delight and rapture at the words echoing in our ears I felt at home.  It is amazing how this one woman has changed the face of education.

Perfect birthday present.  Looks like 33 is going to be a great year!

Malissa B, Kelly J., Lucy Calkins, and ME!!

2 comments:

  1. Were you at the Reading Recovery Convention in Columbus? If so, I am so jealous. I wanted to go but had other commitments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This was my first year to go!! It was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete